Heavenly Hibiscus Body Butter
I love a good body butter and this one is infused with a wild berry hibiscus tea. Hibiscus is known for its skin firming and healing properties. This tea also has black currant, rosehips, elderberry, and cranberry. Whipped together with coconut oil it moisturizes, tightens and soothes skin! Make this heavenly hibiscus body butter and you will want to use it every day!
- Measure out 2 Tablespoons of Wildberry Hibiscus tea and use a coffee grinder to crush into a powder.
- Use a double broiler to warm 1 cup coconut oil until it is liquid. (If you don’t have a double broiler use a glass bowl inside a pot with 2 in water)
- Stir in the powder tea with a spoon then cover and simmer for 1 hour to infuse tea.
- Using cheesecloth strain the tea out of the oil over a medium bowl. Let cool until the coconut oil is almost solid (pop in the fridge if you’re like me and impatient)
- Whip with a hand mixer for 5 minutes until its thick and creamy. Spoon into a glass jar with a lid and enjoy!
I love to use this body butter every night especially on body areas I want to tighten and tone! Can be stored in a jar for 6 months.
I love hibiscus and its health benefits! Not only do I use it in this body butter but I also love to drink the tea. Hibiscus is good for lowering blood cholesterol, relief for high blood pressure, digestive issues, immune support, and inflammatory problems. It can also help reduce the risk of cancer, speed up metabolism, and help with gradual, healthy weight loss. Its full of Vitamin C, mineral, antioxidants and can help with treating hypertension and anxiety. This particular blend also contains elderberry which is great for supporting a healthy immune system.
I prefer to drink my tea cold so I brew a cup and then let it cool and then add it to a glass and fill with ice!